What is Orchestration?
A new capability is emerging in organizations as leaders begin to engage and interact across teams and groups to help salespeople sell. Moving beyond simply coordinating calendars, and de-conflicting activities, the concept of orchestration involves balancing both strategy and tactics to ensure the right content, skills, and tools are aligned to customer conversations.
Salespeople are struggling to convert the various activities coming at them into meaning (and more importantly) into action.
Orchestration means aligning people, process, information, and technology by managing the ecosystem impacts of cascading goals and objectives.
Get ahead of where the sales team is going by understanding and delivering on the customer experience
Avoid coming across as “Randomizers” focused on doing things to sales
Create momentum for doing the right things, in order to simplify the sales ecosystem
Develop insights over time. Insights help you think ahead, and engage more strategically.
Develop an approach to engage with executives and leaders to identify the many variables of activating a customer-centric business strategy
Create an innovation-driven approach to orchestrate with people who don’t report into you.
When it comes to orchestration, the greatest risk is isolating into a silo. Sales enablement leaders often think of “their team” and “their salespeople” they are supporting. The challenge is broader than direct control or perceived authority or control. To be successful, enablement leaders must develop influence and leadership skills to develop coalitions of people focused on simplifying and creating shared value.
This is a recorded archive of this session
Please Log in. You are not logged in
You must be logged in as paid member to view the archived event.
Don’t have a paid membership? Join here, and return to this page to gain access to the event.
After you log in, you will see the session below when you return to this page.
Brian LambertFounder, Orchestrate Sales
Brian has worked in the sales and learning field for over 20 years. As a highly sought-after speaker, author, and consultant, his background is a valuable addition to program and project teams.
• Led four Sales Enablement Practices (3 startups, 1 Fortune 75 company), where he works with partners across multiple functions and groups to drive sales performance and accelerate strategic business initiatives.
• Quota carrying sales representative experience and a sales management experience, increasing the empathy that our team has for salespeople who must represent the brand to their clients.
• An Air Force Officer background that provides a foundation of leadership training and teams to help teams work together to pursue a common objective or goal.
• A Sales Enablement analyst and research background with Forrester Research, advising leaders in the Sales Enablement and learning professions within Fortune 500 companies.
• A training/learning leadership background, launching the sales enablement community of practice at the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), a global association dedicated to workplace learning and performance, where he developed content, tools, and training programs for sales enablement professionals to use with their own teams.
• a Ph.D. in organizational design and management with a concentration in sales, providing him with the academic background to develop scientifically sound organizational strategies and methodologies.