Define scope and
Today, businesses need to bring together the right mix of capabilities across their entire company to deliver the value-based results customer expect. This will only happen through Orchestration.
Are you an #Orchestrator? Which domain of Enablement would you lead or influence? Where will you go next?
And as a leader, how is your Enablement “business-within-a-business” stacking up?
In our continuing research, we’ve found that Enablement practitioners exhibit specific traits and fall into one of six domains in the Enablement Landscape: Response, Talent, Message, Organizational, Pipeline, and Commercial Enablement.
- A majority of Sales Enablement practitioners today are focused on facilitating activities. They are in the business of “fixing” salespeople so they “do what they’re supposed to.” These enablement practitioners haven’t evolved their function into a business-within-a-business. They haven’t orchestrated turn-key services that sales leaders understand. They haven’t taken co-accountability for sales results. And their efforts are focused on coordinating projects to “do to sales.” There are many organizations, vendors, and programs aligned to response enablement. You will not find that focus here at orchestratesales.com. We focus on the 15% or so enablement orchestrators.
- Orchestrating among HR, sales, and finance.
- Streamlining talent lifecycle across hiring, onboarding, coaching, development, and evaluation.
- This domain orchestrates from “Hire to Retire” – an end-to-end business process that cuts across silos and elevates the employee lifecycle.
- Orchestrating among product, marketing, and sales.
- Organizing the company’s various capabilities into value stories to be easily consumed by sales and customers.
- This domain orchestrates from “Concept to Contact” in the Customer Lifecycle.
- Orchestrating systems, compliance, and complexity of business processes.
- They improve “a day in the life of…” making the overall environment easier to navigate by simplifying internal policies and procedures.
- This domain covers the entire customer lifecycle with an emphasis on going from “contracting to revenue” …and from complex to more pragmatic.
- Orchestrating among marketing, finance, and sales.
- They develop integrated programs to advance opportunities throughout the pipeline stages effectively.
- This domain orchestrates from “Contact to Contract” in the Customer Lifecycle.
- These are the Orchestrators that truly elevate and break the glass ceiling of Sales Enablement.
- Orchestrating the combinations above while informing the go-to-customer strategy and providing management feedback about how well it executes the commercial system – including sales and marketing.
WHAT IS YOUR CORPORATE MISSION? YOUR SALES ENABLEMENT SCOPE?
YOUR SENSED PURPOSE AS A PRACTITIONER?
Engage to learn, contribute, and discover
Member only: Forums, updates, webinars, and special interest groups